The Nissan Silvia is the name given to the company's long-running line of sport coupes based on the Nissan S platform. Though many other Nissan cars share their chassis with the Silvia, the name Silvia is interchangeable with the chassis codes. The original Silvia ran from 1965 to 1968, it was later revived and ran between 1975 to 2002.
The fifth generation of the Nissan Silvia was known as the S13. It was made from 1988 to 1994. Unlike its previous generations, it featured fixed headlights. The S13 initially came with CA18DE and CA18DET engines, however the engines were replaced with the slightly more powerful and larger SR20DE and SR20DET engines. A hatchback version with pop-up headlights was released called the Nissan 180SX. Some racers modified their 180SXs, replacing the front half with that of an Silvia S13, this was called a SilEighty.
The S13 offered three trim packages: King (K), Queen (Q) and Jack (J). The J trim was the standard package, with the Q and K trims offered more power and a better experience. The K trim came with a Turbocharged engine.
- Koichiro Iketani owns a 1988 Lime Green Two-Tone Nissan Silvia K's S13, which he uses as leader of the Akina SpeedStars. In the Live Action film it is owned by Itsuki Tachibana.
- Takeshi Nakazato owned a Black Nissan Silvia K's S13 before purchasing his Nissan Skyline GT-R R32.
- Silvia S13's are often used as background cars in First Stage.
Nissan Silvia S14
The sixth generation of the Nissan Silvia was known as the S14. It was made from 1992 to 1998. The S14 came with SR20DE and SR20DET engines.
Same as the S13, the S14 offered three trim packages: King (K), Queen (Q) and Jack (J). The J trim was the standard package, with the Q and K trims offered more power and a better experience. The K trim came with a Turbocharged engine.
- Kenta Nakamura drives a 1995 Custom Orange/Super Clear Red Nissan Silvia Q's S14, which he uses as a member of the Akagi RedSuns.
- Keiichi Tsuchiya is shown drifting a Nissan Silvia S14 in Act 6 of First Stage.
- Player car
The seventh and final generation of the Nissan Silvia was known as the S15. It was made from 1999 to 2002. The S15 came with SR20DE and SR20DET engines. It became the last generation of the Silvia when Nissan stopped producing their S platform in 2002.
Unlike it's previous versions, the S15 only came in two versions: the standard Spec-S, and the performance Spec-R. Both versions offer an Aero variant, giving the car a large rear wing and side skirts.
- One of Project D's first opponents is a red Nissan Silvia S15 that Keisuke races. The red Silvia is also used as a traffic car.
- The Two Guys from Tokyo drive a Sparkling Silver Nissan Silvia Spec-R S15.
- Hiroya Okuyama drives a Brilliant Blue Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero S15, which he uses as a member of Team Spiral.
- One of the Myogi NightKids members drives a Nissan Silvia S15 in the Legends trilogy.