He was brought in to have a rematch against Project D on Happogahara, after they were defeated by them. Tomoyuki took Daiki Ninomiya's EK9 (in the anime he uses the Todo School's EK9) and beat Takumi Fujiwara's downhill record in one try, without pushing the car to the limit. Tomoyuki agreed to use the school's top car, the Spoon-tuned demonstration EK9, at Happogahara.
Tomoyuki tuned the Civic the best he could to be able to compete with the FD on the straights, but surprisingly, Ryosuke decided to send out the Eight-Six. He lost the race to Takumi when he steered off the centre of the road to avoid hitting a cat that crossed the street near the finish line. Because of this dodging he creates enough space for Takumi to pass him in his Eight-Six. Afterwards, Takumi asks Tomoyuki why he suddenly created space for Takumi to pass. Tachi responded that he thought he saw something cross the road and because of his racing reflexes immediately dodged it. Takumi's headlights were turned off as part of his technique. After the battle he praises Takumi for winning the battle, explaining that luck was on his side'. Afterwards Tomoyuki tells Todo that found out what he was trying to show him for bringing into the battle.
- He attended the Todo School with Emperor member Kyoichi Sudo
- Tomoyuki has a habit of scratching his nose for reasons unknown.
- It is highly speculated that his professional racing outfit seems to be based on the racing outfit that Keiichi Tsuchiya wears during his racing days and his appearances in Best Motoring. The green racing suit, gloves and the red ARD Asic racing shoes are evidence to this speculation. It appears that Tomoyuki had role in the CD Initial D Drama involving Tsuchiya as the basis of the story.
- In the Arcade games, as well as Extreme Stage, his racing suit is red instead of green.
- Tomoyuki is also a playable character in Arcade Stage 8 Infinity in the Rival Side mode.
- He is also the tallest character in the entire series, standing at 193cm(6'4'')
Kanagawa Expedition Arc
|Act 1:||Absent||Act 13:||Absent|
|Act 2:||Absent||Act 14:||Absent|
|Act 3:||Absent||Act 15:||Absent|
|Act 4:||Absent||Act 16:||Absent|
|Act 5:||Introduced||Act 17:||Absent|
|Act 6:||Appears||Act 18:||Absent|
|Act 7:||Absent||Act 19:||Absent|
|Act 8:||Absent||Act 20:||Absent|
|Act 9:||Absent||Act 21:||Absent|
|Act 10:||Absent||Act 22:||Absent|
|Act 11:||Absent||Act 23:||Absent|
|Act 12:||Absent||Act 24:||Absent|
|Act 1:||Absent||Act 3:||Appears|
|Act 2:||Appears||Act 4:||Appears|